PVC Resource Summit 2015
Posted by GlobalPSC on Member Profiles at 3:26 pm, August 12th, 2015Comments0
The Vinyl Council of Australia is convening an interactive Resource Summit to form alliances and plans for PVC recovery and recycling.
The summit will:
- explore opportunities to access and source PVC for cost-effective input into new products
- identify products, markets and challenges and form strategies for the future
- combine expertise and networks to accelerate recovery and recycling in Australia
Key facts include:
- in 2014 PVC use in Australia reached 190,000 tonnes for windows, flooring, medical, packaging and other areas
- 85% of PVC is used in durable applications, particularly building products
- there is an estimated 67,000 tonnes per annum of PVC waste to recycle in Australia
- currently about 10-15% of this waste is diverted from landfill for recycling
Program and registration details are available here.
Tags: #productstewardship, Asia Pacific, Australia, building products, GlobalPSC, Industry Association Member, landfill, medical, member profile, Packaging, product stewardship, PVC, recycling, Resource Summit, vinyl, Vinyl Council of Australia