Sydney & Melbourne Round Tables on Sustainable Packaging
The Round Tables are designed to give industry and stakeholders the opportunity to learn of new developments and discuss issues affecting the packaging sector.
Australian Packaging Covenant (APC) signatories receive a $100 discount off event registrations.
A second series of Round Tables, focussed on Flexible Plastics will be held in Sydney (October 24th) and Melbourne (October 26th). The SPA Roundtables align directly with the AFGC Future of Packaging White Paper, which is aimed at driving more strategic and tangible action on packaging sustainability. A full copy of the white paper can be found at the AFGC’s website.
The APC invests in projects that support the achievement of the APC’s vision. One of the challenges identified by the APC is the recovery of flexible plastics. Presentations will be provided on some of the current flexible plastics recovery projects the APC is supporting at the Round Tables.
Speakers vary depending on location but include:
- Tanya Barden, Director, Sustainability Trade and Innovation, AFGC
- Angela McClowry, Sustainability Policy Analyst, AFGC
- Richard Smith, General Manager Technical, Amcor Flexibles Asia Pacific ANZ
- Liz Kasell, Director of Development, RED Group
- Peter Allan, Director, Sustainable Resource Use
- Rowan Williams, President, Australasian Bioplastics Association
- Peter Paterson, National Business Development Manager, Replas
- Mark Jacobson, General Manager, Replas
- Peter Bury, Director, Strategy & Innovation, Plastics and Chemicals Industries Association
- Jason Campbell, Director, Waste Enterprises
- Ed George, Retail Brands Manager, Tapex
- John Lawson, General Manager Development, Global Renewables
A flyer containing full program and registration details is available here.
The first round of events held in Sydney and Melbourne focused on ‘Design for Sustainability”. A diverse set of speakers and organsiations were secured for the events including:
- Dr Helen Lewis of Helen Lewis Research
- Brett Giddings, Membership Services Manager of the Australian Packaging Covenant
- Mark Solari, Packaging & Materials Handling Manager of ASSA-ABLOY (Melbourne only)
- Kane Hardingham, Woolworths (Sydney only)
- Steve Bourke, Director Environment, Health and Safety of O-I Oceania
- Wendy Favorito, Director & Consumer Representative of Arthritis Australia
- Geoff Aitkin, Sales Manager, Food of Ardagh Group (Melbourne only)
- Carmen Rechbauer, Manager Shared Business Services of NSW Health (Sydney only)
- Jacky Nordsvan, Packaging Specialist of Nestlé Australia (Sydney only)
The Australian Round Tables are complemented by the Auckland Round Table on Drivers for Packaging Product Stewardship, which was held 10 July and hosted by the GlobalPSC and SPA in conjunction with the Packaging Council of New Zealand.Tags: Amcor Flexibles Asia Pacific ANZ, Ardagh Group, Arthritis Australia, ASSA-ABLOY, Auckland, Australasian Bioplastics Association, Australian Food and Grocery Council, Australian Packaging Covenant, Brett Giddings, Carmen Rechbauer, design for sustainability, Dr Helen Lewis, flexible plastics, Geoff Aitkin, Global Product Stewardship Council, Global Renewables, GlobalPSC, Helen Lewis Research, Jacky Nordsvan, Mark Solari, Melbourne, Nestlé Australia, New Zealand, NSW Health, O-I Oceania, Packaging, Peter Bury, plastics, Plastics and Chemicals Industries Association, RED Group, Replas, Round Table, Rowan Williams, Steve Bourke, sustainability, Sustainable Packaging Alliance, Sustainable Resource Use, Sydney, Waste Enterprises, Wendy Favorito, White Paper, Woolworths