Two Weeks to Go! Recycling in a Global Economy – GlobalPSC Thought Leadership Forum
Recycling in a Global Economy
SMC Conference & Function Centre, 66 Goulburn Street, Sydney
9:00am to 1:00pm
The Global Product Stewardship Council and its members invite you to our latest thought leadership forum featuring Adam Minter, the author of best-selling book Junkyard Planet. Adam is a third-generation scrap dealer turned journalist who’s spent over a decade living in Asia, examining recycling practices first-hand and sharing his insights.
The GlobalPSC and electronics recycler TES-AMM are pleased to provide this first Australian opportunity to hear and meet Adam Minter. Adam’s presentation will be followed by a panel discussion with Adam and other international experts on the implications of Adam’s insights for Australia. Participants will include:
- Anna Minns, General Manager TerraCycle Australia & New Zealand
- John Lingelbach, Executive Director of SERI
- Justin O’Sullivan, Executive Director – Sales Operations of Dell Australia
- Scientia Professor Veena Sahajwalla, Director of SMaRT Centre, UNSW Australia
- John Gertsakis, Chief Sustainability Officer of Infoactiv Group and Product Stewardship Advisory Group member
- Dr Helen Lewis, Principal of Helen Lewis Research and Australian Battery Recycling Initiative Chief Executive
Discussions will be facilitated by GlobalPSC CEO Russ Martin.
Join us to learn and discuss:
- How is economic growth in China driving demand for recycled materials?
- How does the global trade in recyclable materials affect recycling in countries like the US and Australia?
- How can we ensure responsible recycling practices, particularly for e-waste and plastics?
- How do changing economic conditions both help and hurt recycling and reuse, especially for electronics?
- What role will the informal sector play in the future of recycling?
- What are the implications of global material flows for product stewardship?
- What are incentives and drivers for incorporating Design for Environment and the circular economy in product stewardship?
Registrations are $275 (GST-incl) for non-members of the GlobalPSC and $125 (GST-incl) for GlobalPSC members. Registration and payment information is available here. A light lunch will be provided for registered attendees.
Tags: #productstewardship, Adam Minter, Anna Minns, Asia, Asia Pacific, Australia, China, circular economy, Dell, design for environment, Dr Helen Lewis, e-waste, global, Global Product Stewardship Council, GlobalPSC, Helen Lewis Research, Infoactiv, informal recycling, informal sector, John Gertsakis, John Lingelbach, Junkyard Planet, Justin O’Sullivan, New Zealand, producer responsibility, product, product stewardship, recycling, Scientia Professor Veena Sahajwalla, scrap, SERI, SmaRT Centre, Sydney, TechCollect, TerraCycle, TES-AMM, thought leadership, Thought Leadership Forum, University of New South Wales, UNSW, Veena Sahajwalla, WEEE