Chris van Rossem
- Treasurer of GlobalPSC
- Director Technical Advisory Services at Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance
Chris van Rossem is Director, Technical Advisory Services at Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance (CSSA). CSSA represents the recycling interests of Canadian businesses, creating convenient, clever, environmentally sustainable ways for consumers to dispose of the paper, packaging and products these businesses create—from newspapers to glass, metals to plastics. CSSA is a national, non-profit organization, founded by leading retailers and manufacturers, bringing together key players to achieve better recycling performance. CSSA is dedicated to providing support services to packaging and printed paper stewardship programs across Canada. CSSA’s six stewardship programs include:
- Recycle BC Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- MMSW Household Packaging and Paper Program,
- MMSM Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- Stewardship Ontario Packaging and Printed Paper Program
- Stewardship Ontario Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste Program
- Automotive Materials Stewardship Program
Prior to joining CSSA, Chris was Manager, Policy and Planning at Waste Diversion Ontario, the then provincial organization responsible for monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of Ontario’s four waste diversion programs.
Chris spent almost 10 years living in Sweden and working at the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) at Lund University, where he received both his MSc in Environmental Management and Policy, and his PhD in Industrial Environmental Economics. His research investigated how the design of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) legislation, particularly in the electrical and electronic equipment sector, impacts incentives for improved product design.